Enter our Poster Competition for a chance to WIN prizes
9th November 2020
The competition has now closed.
What is it all about?
The “I see the Difference” Campaign team are offering schools with GCSE and A-level (or equivalent) students the opportunity to research and learn about the fantastic career opportunities that Allied Health Professions provide.
What do they have to do?
Students are tasked with designing a poster that encourages people to consider a career as an Allied Health Professional. (AHP)
This poster needs to be: An original creative piece of artwork, that can be a painting, drawing, cartoon, photo collage etc.
What we are looking for?
Students can submit two different types of poster design:
A poster that promotes all of the different Allied Health Professions.
A poster that promotes one of the 15 different Allied Health Professions.
What can you win?
There will be prizes awarded for both poster categories in both GCSE and A-Level (or equivalent) student age categories and for the runners up in both categories.
Why enter the competition?
This is a great opportunity for students to learn and research about one of the most rewarding career fields in the UK.
Students and schools get an opportunity to learn about the AHPs by:
Accessing our free webinar presentations, by either booking in a free webinar (on a first come first served basis) or you can access a pre-recorded webinar via our website.
Students are also encouraged to research these careers by accessing our comprehensive link of resources and media content.
How can you learn about the Allied Health Professions?
There are a number of ways that your school or students could learn more about AHP careers. These include:
- Booking a free introduction to AHPs webinar.
- Watching a pre-recorded AHPs webinar.
- Researching the “I See The Difference” website
- “The WOW” show videos
- Step into the NHS website
- AHP membership organisations
Pupils should be encouraged to reflect on either the 15 AHP professions or an individual AHP they want to promote and what could make these careers an interesting prospective.
Challenge pupils to think about:
- What are the benefits of being an AHP?
- What skills and personal attributes do you need?
- How do you become an AHP?
- What financial support can you get?
- What difference could you make as an AHP?
- Have they or anyone in their family or social circle ever used the services of an AHP?
- What help did they receive? What difference did it make to their lives?
Competition rules and information
Entries must be received no later than Friday 11th December 2020 at 5pm.
The winners for best in category at both GCSE and A -Level (or equivalent) will receive a £50 Amazon voucher (£25 each if working as a pair).
Runners up for best in category at both GCSE and A -Level (or equivalent) will receive a £30 Amazon voucher (£15 each if working as a pair)
Posters are judged on the following criteria:
- Creativity in approach – Attractive, eye catching and thought provoking
- Content – Clear, accurate and informative about Allied Health Profession(s)
- Effective communication – presented and communicated in an engaging way
Competition terms and conditions
The competition is open to all schools and colleges in England only.
Students can enter individually or in pairs.
Only one entry per student or pair will be accepted. There is no restriction on the number of entries received from schools.
The decision of the judges is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
The first prize will be awarded to the entry deemed by the judges that best reflects the benefits of AHP careers and encourages others to consider AHP careers.
There is no cash alternative for any prize in this competition.
We will aim to notify winning schools and colleges in writing by Friday 18th December 2020.
Entries will not be returned to the school at the end of the competition.
- Entrants can be individuals or pairs.
- Teams will be judged in the age category of its oldest member.
- Any prize awarded will be shared if submitted as a pair.
- Entries must be 2D and submitted on one page of A4 or A3 paper only. All posters must be submitted digitally. Please only send ONE image of a poster. Additional images will not be judged. 3D models are not eligible for the competition.
- Work must be original and created by the student(s) – please do not use any templates.
How to enter the competition
Please email info@localhost with the subject line “AHP poster competition”
Please include the following:
- Student first name (both names if working as a pair)
- Age category (GCSE or A-Level or equivalent)
- School/college name and address.
- Category: Generic AHP poster or specific AHP poster (with name of that profession)
- A photograph of the poster must be attached in JPEG or PNG format
- If you have any questions or would like to enter the competition, then please email: info@localhost
The College of Podiatry reserves the right to reproduce and utilise in whole or in part the entries submitted by pupils for information, publicity and promotional purposes.
The College of Podiatry will not disclose the names of students, teachers or schools in any information, publicity or promotional activity without their consent.
Entering this competition implies full and complete acceptance of these terms and conditions of which entry instructions form a part. Promoter: College of Podiatry. Registered address: 2nd Floor Quartz House 207 Providence Square, Mill St, London SE1 2EW (Please DO NOT send entries to this address. Thank you.)